It’s been a lovely Sunday for me. I spoke to my dad early this morning for a while to wish him a happy father’s day and catch up before going to an amazing Sunday School service (late, but I still got something profound out of it that may be a future post) and hearing a great sermon from Genesis 18. Imagine my surprise to come home to an email saying I had a comment on this here little blog, and finding that comment was a notification that I was nominated for the lovely blog award. Yay! I’m so excited to finally get a blogging award. I have been blogging for years without getting one, and that makes this an extra special honor for me.
Before I wax to poetic, I’ll repost the rules and give my nominations:
* Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
* Share 7 things about yourself
* Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
* Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
I have to thank Giana over at Chasing Butterflies: Sunshine and Freedom for nominating me for this award. I have no idea how she made sense of half of what I write in this grab bag blog, let alone what made her think it was lovely. If you’ve never been to her blog, you are in for a treat. I love how her sunny personality shines through. Go show her some appreciation, already! (Then come right back; I’ll wait…)
Now, 7 things about me:
1. I’m one of “those” Christians: I believe in the Bible. I quote it. I talk about God. You’ll see God mentioned here and on my other blog a lot with no apologies. My faith is a big part of my life, and it feels false not to mention it. So even though this isn’t a “Christian Lifestyle blog,” Christ is everywhere.
2. I cannot.stop.talking. I am a huge chatterbox. I love talking to people in any and every medium. I love the sharing of ideas and views and will talk to anyone about just about anything–probably a lot more than they would like for me to talk. I could have been the next Oprah. Pay me to talk, somebody!
3. I am a writer. I love writing. Right this moment (well, not right this moment, but..) I’m working on a book (a few books). I’m writing a memoir about my year off of school between my junior and senior years of college. My life’s goal is to be a pick for Oprah’s book club (so millions will hear about my book) and to actually make a living off of my writing.
4. I have a MENSA level IQ (can you see how I’m stretching for interesting?). This means nothing to anyone, least of all me. I discovered this fact because my aunt, a mental health counselor, insisted on giving me an IQ test when I visited her one Christmas break. My mother was quick to tell me that MENSA people still had to do dishes and go to school, so it didn’t seem worth it to actually apply to be a member.
5. I smile a LOT. 90% of the time I am smiling. I smile so much people think I’m smiling when I’m not. I like being happy. I chose to be happy. Things in my life aren’t always roses and cream, but I choose to respond adversity and trials with the belief that all things work together for good for them that love the Lord. I like that people see me as being optimistic and happy go lucky, but it’s a hard row to hoe, as the saying goes.
6. I love cooking. I like to try out new little touches in my kitchen. When I make a dish and people ask for seconds, I feel so gratified. My family is southern, which means food is a big part of what we do to connect. Food covers a multitude of hurts and offenses. My mother throws down; I can get by, but I’m trying to gain on her and Pink Susie.
7. I am a perfectionist. I like to have things just so. I want things to go according to plan and I want to get things right. That’s one of the biggest reasons why so few posts make it to my blogs. The special thing about this blog for me is that I make it a point to let this blog be what it wants to be without trying to give it form and make it conform to this predetermined shape. I don’t want this to be a topical blog at all.
Whew! Now that that’s out of the way, the fifteen blogs I think are lovely (in no particular order):
9. Common Heart
So there’s my list of lovely lady blogs. I hope you learned something new about me and find some great blogs to read. Have a happy Sunday night!