(To read the introduction to this manifesto, please go here.
In order for this to be a manifesto, I’ll have to publicly declare my policy and aims with regards to being a fat girl, clearly stating my objectives. My policy, aims, and objectives, my manifesto, is as follows…
- I will not answer any inquiry, no matter how well meaning, about my weight, workouts, or diet. If I want you to know, I will tell you.
- I don’t intend to take any unsolicited advice about the above mentioned.
- Anyone who questions anything I am putting into my mouth while I’m eating can expect a thorough inquiry into their eating or other trouble areas which they have.
- Unless you buy my food, pay for my gym membership, or exercise with me, I will meet any attempt to control said areas of my life with friendly but direct rebuttal and reproof.
- I am NOT pregnant. If this changes, I will let you know.
- It’s rude to ask if someone is pregnant, say they look fat, or ask them what they’ve been eating lately, even if the person doesn’t say so.
- You never know how hard someone is working to be healthy and feel good about themselves, so stop shattering people’s progress with your tongue. Anyone who attempts to do so will be redirected to other topics of conversation. If they refuse to be redirected, the conversation will be terminated.
- What I way is between me and my scale. It’s not up for public discussion.
- If I haven’t seen you in months/years, and you talk about how much weight I’ve gained before anything else, I will pick an equally offensive topic to discuss with you.
- I have a life outside of the scale; maybe you should inquire about that sometime.
Any items you would add to the manifesto? What would you like to write a manifesto about? Let your voice be heard in 2012! Stop taking things lying down. I know I am.
- Fat Girl Manifesto (thingsishouldkeeptomyself.wordpress.com)
- The Holstee Manifesto (lifeinwanderlust.wordpress.com)
- When In Doubt Take Right (scriblinmind.wordpress.com)
- What IS Fat? (fatgirlapproved.com)
- 2012 Resolutions Manifesto: Mental Health (kenyatta2009.wordpress.com)
- Get Things Done by following the Done Manifesto (beast4romtheeast.wordpress.com)