Who else is super excited about the weekend? Oh, I’m not talking about Valentine’s Day activities or Single Awareness Day events planned with your friends, I’m talking about thank goodness I don’t have to punch the clock vibes (I’m very sorry if you DO have to punch the clock…and I’m praying for you, too). For some reason, this week has been really draining on me. It’s taken a lot of time for me to get my head together (read more about that on the personal blog here), but I’m ready to fully embrace this weekend.
Since this is the weekend, and I always get behind on the weekends, I’m going to line up some special posts for you guys that will release each morning (I’m actually writing this post Thursday night). First, I want to finish Elder #1’s marriage kit. Second, I want to introduce you to an amazing couple, “Mr. & Mrs. Deacon.” I figured this weekend would be the perfect weekend to post about marriages that work and keep real love alive.
My aunt, Pink Susie (who’s marriage kit can be found here) is celebrating 41 years of marriage on V-Day (Happy anniversary P.S.!), so I’m thinking of doing a piece about that on actual V-day if nothing else comes up.
In Case You Missed It
And Now, Without Further Ado…Link Love!
* This week, I’ve taken links from my google reader subscriptions as well as my wordpress subscriptions, so be prepared to see some new names from across the blogosphere!
- JumpinginMudPuddles recounts a childhood heartbreak: And That’s Why I Hate Valentine’s Day
- Kat Richter’s Worst Valentine’s Ever
- One blogger explains Why Marriage Scares Her
- A touching Hindsight post: Cancel Your Plans
- A funny interpretation of the judicial process: Welcome to Court
- It’s not what you think: A Man Spreads His Legs
- Do you know the difference between a priority and a preference?: For the Ladies: Evaluating Priorities vs. Preferences
- Diggame explains his 27 Dresses & 27 Tuxes Complex theory
- How food (and Europe) got her OneBigMix engaged: Get a Ring on It
- Sunshine turns introspection on “The Otherness of Being” Post.
- Jobo realizes there’s one thing she shouldn’t apologize for: Relationship Investments
- Janna blames Toy Story 3 for not being able to get rid of her junk on this post (I’m not buying it ;-))
- SS4BC talks money and marathons on Marathon Man
And now, the non-wordpress offerings:
- The Universe is telling Jane something
- Katie discovers why she’s here
- Newlyweds on a Budget is embarassed to be poor
- Punch Debt in the Face blogger Ninja finds he’s not as stupid as he thought
- Wine Will Fix It gives 7 Surprising Side effects of NOT being hungover
- Cleopatra Jones tells why she’s not settling
- Shame on these brothers…I shouldn’t even post this…but it did make me laugh a lil bit…oh, alright…Very Smart Brothas give their list of the 10 Best Types of Sex
Happy Valentine’s/Single Awareness weekend everyone!
- Valentine’s Day marriage: No appointment necessary (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Valentine’s Day is dead, divorce is the new thing for February 14 (dailymail.co.uk)