Today is the first day in February. While February is the shortest month, it’s also my favorite month for many reasons (in no particular order):
- We get to celebrate love. Who doesn’t love “Love”?
- It highlights the amazing heritage from which I’ve come through Black History Month.
- It’s the month in which I was born! (Yay Pisces, if you’re into that sort of thing) Who wouldn’t love the month in which I was born, right? Right?
I hope you guys had fun with and found something interesting in the self-introspective posts from December & January (which will be expounded upon in a future eBook, Lord willing and if the creek don’t rise, as they say), but February is for lovers and lovers of love. As such, I am returning to my relationship discussions.
You may have noticed this return with yesterday’s post (posted just in time to be on time), where I talked a little about Cynthia Bailey’s marriage to her fiancé Peter on The Real Housewives of Atlanta season finale. I’m working on some really exciting pieces for this month, and I hope you enjoy them!
Tonight, I will be borrowing something I first heard my Dad discuss in his upcoming book on relationships (yes, it runs in the family ;-)), and heard again on a show on blog talk radio. It’s the concept of the representative. Some other things for you to look forward to:
- You know how to get a man, but do you know how to keep him?
- In depth on the State of Our Union Address I proposed in December
- More Marriage Kits!
- Knowing what you bring to the table
- Would you date you (especially if you were the man/woman you’re trying to attract)?
- Mixing business & pleasure.
- Many more surprises that I’m working on as we speak!
So, go on, get excited! I’m ready to meet the challenge this month to bring you quality content each and every day. Are you ready to read?
- 10 things my White friends aren’t allowed to do during Black History Month. (chicagonow.com)
- Revisionism reminds us why we need Black History Month (thegrio.com)