I don’t know about you, but I have the hardest time shopping for the man in my life. He never hints or suggests things he may want for Christmas or his birthday. He’s delighted with everything I get him, not because he wanted it but because I thought about him and got him something. I don’t want you to “just be happy getting a gift;” I want you to be excited that I got you what you wanted! *Stamping my foot*
One of my engaged co-workers suggested that I take MensHealth to the mall and take note of what he looks at, picks up, or lingers over. I thought this was a pretty good idea, so I drug him to the new mile that’s close to my new apartment. I hadn’t been to the mall since I’d moved, so I figured it was the perfect excuse to drag him along and get some ideas. So the main thing he lingered over? A 40″ Sony Bravia LED with Blu Ray player. Um, no. I don’t have that kind of money. So back to square one.
Here’s what I’ve observed he might want (through various girlfriend/English major skills and the powers of observation): What thing(s) from this list should I get him? We aren’t exchanging gifts until after the holidays.
- Java for Dummies/Building a Website for Dummies
- Guitar (acoustic or electric)
- Polo Black Cologne Gift Set
- GNC Gift Card
- Gaming System with Madden (doesn’t really matter which, as long as he can play the newest Madden)
- New phone (his BB Storm’s screen is cracked and the phone works when it wants to)
He could get any of this himself, but he has put these things off in favor of essentials, so any of these are probably good bets. Please help!
- My Christmas Story (davidjhinson.wordpress.com)
- Britons ‘want cash for Xmas’ (lv.com)
- “Christmas”…”Cheer”…? (museditions.wordpress.com)
- December 23 to be biggest shopping day (telegraph.co.uk)