This is a fun post that I came up with during the time Mr. Perfect was on vacation. Feel free to add to my list as you see fit in the comments section. I hope you get a little chuckle out of this…
Raise Your Hand if…
- You’ve used more Queen Helene Cocoa Butter than you care to admit to.
- Vaseline was your best friend.
- Royal Crown, Dax, or Blue Magic highly figured in your haircare regimen.
- You have more uses for castor oil, cotton balls, Witch Hazel, and/or Epsom salt than you have fingers.
- You use vinegar for non-cooking related purposes.
- You have any of the following in your medicine cabinet/bathroom: Castor oil, epsom salt, calamine lotion, baby lotion (and you have no baby), vinegar, cocoa butter, vaseline, pink razors.
- You’ve worn more than two scrunchies on your ponytail at one time–and they were color coordinated to your outfit.
- You own a belt of any color other than brown & black.
- You have air force ones to match every outfit in your closet
- You owned a Triple Fat Goose Coat & thought you were somebody.
- You had chores to do when you came home from school–and didn’t get paid to do them.
- You had to be home by the time the street lights came on.
- You intentionally dressed like a friend or family member, down to the matching barrettes for your hair.
- You had a barrette/scrunchie/headband bucket.
- You sat between your mother’s legs on a pillow while she did your hair.
- You knew when to hold your ear without being asked.
- You ever asked your mom to blow on the straightening comb some more before she ran it through your hair.
- You and your friends rode bikes in a pack.
- You had the best sleep after a good whoopin’.
- You couldn’t speak when adults were talking.
I could go on, but I thought I’d leave some for you all to add on to this list. I loved my childhood and the many things and people that populate it. So many people can’t find anything happy or funny about the way they grew up. I had a great family life filled with great people and great traditions I plan to pass on to the next generation (should I have any progeny). I had the best heart to heart conversations while sitting in the kitchen on a couch cushion holding one ear while my mom straightened my hair. Share your memories, etc. in the comments section, on twitter @2blu2btru, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.